Reading Material Roundup
I've been reading a lot lately and listening to podcasts. I'm currently reading some of the UX Classics like Steve Krug's Don't Make Me Think and Don Norman's Design of Everyday Things, and a ton of articles online. Got anything good we should all be reading? Have a favorite design podcast? Post in the comments!
What I'm Reading Online This Week:
- DesignBetter by InVision's new guide to design best practices and design thinking-- a great resource, beautiful site design. And they have a podcast. Triple win!
- What would augment reality? Don't mind the spider.
- Common UI patterns vs. best practices: not the same thing.
- WTF is Strategy?
- Techspiration: Octogenarian developer is #nottoooldtocode. Happy tears and schmoop.
- A former Google employee responds well to last week's "manifesto" debacle.
- Fork in the road? Take it! Don Norman talks about the varying paths of design evolution.
- Andy Vitale on empathy in healthcare design.
- I'm teaching myself how to use Google analytics and reading about how to create personas from analytics data.
What I'm Listening to:
- Designing with compassion as told by a dad who lost his young daughter to cancer.
- Family Reunions Project: On the bittersweet virtual reality reunions that allow immigrants to go home without crossing borders.
And if, like me, you're feeling like you also want to read about what you can do in the face of deplorable acts of violence, you can read this.
Take good care of yourself out there, and have a good week.